2019 BEST PRACTICES WINNERS by categories
Innovations in Services to Customers – recognizes the county program or policy change that provides a new or unique service to customers.
- Wilson County — Trauma Informed Child Welfare
- Catawba County — Web-based Meals on Wheels Route Planner
- Wake County — Medicaid Enrollment at the Point of Service in Emergency Departments
Empowering Clients to Self-Sufficiency – recognizes the county program or policy change that facilitates clients’ journey toward living independently.
- Orange County — Increasing Employment Outcomes for Foster Youth
- Cumberland County — Building Bridges to Higher Education and Self-Sufficiency Through Community Sponsorships
Profiles in Community Collaboration – recognizes the county program or policy change that resulted in forging relationships between community partners.
- Franklin County — Happy Camper
- Cleveland County — Community Adoption Celebration
- Cumberland County — A Multi Team Approach in Child Welfare
Cost Savings Measures and/or Improvements in Efficiency – recognizes the county program or policy change that resulted in a more economical method of delivering services to clients.
- Yadkin County — Quality Assurance–Half Way Reviews = The Whole Picture
- Cleveland County — Healthy Adults Become Foster and Adoptive Parents
- Forsyth County — Employee Safety Recognition Program
Advancements in Staff and Leadership Development – recognizes the county program or policy change that resulted in greater retention of supervisory-level employees.
- Hertford County — Agency Newslett
- Cleveland County — Safety and Cultural Training Produces a Competent Workforce
- Forsyth — The Career Pathways and Talent Development Model