CW Education Workforce Initiative
The Child Welfare Education Workforce Initiative is a project of the NCACDSS and supports North Carolina’s county Social Services agencies in growing and retaining a strong Child Welfare Workforce.
The Initiative Team coordinates regional Information Sessions across the state to share information about Child Welfare field education placements; discuss Social Work education in North Carolina, and build relationships between county Departments of Social Service agencies and Schools of Social Work. Each member is available to assist in the coordination of Child Welfare field education placements.
Stephanie Pearson, Team Lead
Susan McCracken, Regional Education Coordinator
Sharon Scott, Regional Education Coordinator
To contact a member of the team directly, call NCACDSS at 919-782-4111
- Child Welfare Education Workforce Brochure
- Child Welfare Education Workforce PPT
- Information Session Invitees by Region
- Team Assignments by University Partners
- Eastern Regional Information Session Friday, October 18, 2019, 1 pm – 3:30 pm Wilson County DSS Agenda
- Southeastern Regional Information Session Tuesday, October 29, 2019, 1 pm – 3 pm Methodist University Agenda
- Western Regional Information Session Thursday, November 7, 2019, 11 am – 3 pm Mars Hill University Asheville Center for Adult and Graduate Studies Agenda
*Click here for a list of invited participants
Field Education Learning Activities for Child Welfare Collaborative Students: This resource was developed by Amy Levine, MSW, LCSW, Clinical Instructor, UNC-Chapel HIll School of Social Work. This resource is an inclusive but not an exhaustive list of suggested activities that DSS field instructors/supervisors can use as a guide in developing an MSW intern’s unique learning experience.
Glenn Osborne, DSS Director, at Wilson County DSS presented at the Eastern Regional Information Session and shared examples of how Wilson County DSS builds its social work workforce. Click here to see the slides from the presentation.
Brenda Reid Jackson, DSS Director at Cumberland County and Tracey Hinds, Field Director at Methodist University, presented at the Southeastern Regional Information Session and shared strategies they used in partnering to develop Agency and University Memorandum of Understanding Agreement (MOU) for social work interns. DSS SW Internships MOU Sample University MOU Sample
Resources for Returning to School for A Social Work Degree via SocialWork.org: